Artist in residency with family/relationship is a call for artist that can bring a family member(s) or partners to spent artist residency with them. In this way when artist is working on the project family or partners don’t have to suffer separation, and together can relax and enjoy living and working together. This can bring encouragement and warmness, house atmosphere and cosines to artistic endeavour. At the same time art works and research can be done without need to look for extra money to support living, without being separate from the family members, parters, etc.
WHAT DO WE PROVIDE?
– two weeks to 1 month residency;
– travel costs (budget travel for 2 people);
– basic living costs (food, accommodation, pocket money);
– equipment at the residency space (basic and digital sound equipment, video camera, DIY electronics and tools, etc…).
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
– people that are flexible, well intended and can support our mission;
– proactive, independent people;
– artist that express in transdisciplinary manner, have environment and ecology in mind, use range of media, love to explore and experiment;
– people that can volunteer in the association;
– possible presentation and artist talk at local gallery, local radio station, podcast…
– people that are under 30 years of age from EU;
- car or other vehicle is a plus.
Sent us application until 26th March 2022. (12:00).
Application MUST consist of one PDF with:
1. CV – 300 words max;
2. motivation – 500 words max;
3. project or artistic venture, idea, proposal or research idea and methods of execution – 500 words max;
4. 3 direct links (max) to previous projects/research (sound, video, photos, blog entries, etc)
Lovinac is a small mountain village near mountain of Velebit that separates Dalmatian coast and continent of Croatia. It is one hour from coastal city of Zadar, as well as from Plitvice lakes. It is situated in pristine nature, surrounded with wild life, rivers, lakes, mountains, caves and woods. Population is mainly agriculture orientated. Lovinac has Culture and Information Center with big and small halls for different project presentations, post office, church, doctor and dentist, small shop and a bar. There is a lake 7 km away, and seaside is 35 km away. Residency is at Center for Creative Solutions that is 2 km from the center of the village. C4CS is an artistic/living project by Culture and Education Association members. Residency is at a house that consists of living/sleeping room, small study/office, kitchen and toilet/shower. Heating is by the wooden stoves. C4CS is situated some 5 minutes walk away from the residency, and consists of permaculture farm with garden, chickens, ducks and donkeys and is off-the-grid.
Residency is running under Platform for Transdisciplinary Practices program 2021- 2022 in Lovinac, Croatia. Program is run by Culture and Education Association (www.uke.hr). For more information and questions pls. write to email@example.com